Cyl Askins - Cyl-ebrity Dance Schedule of Classes 2018
Classes Resume Monday, Sept 10th ADULT CLASSES: Advanced Beginning Tap: MONDAY 5:30 - 6:30 PM Musical Theatre Tap for Teens Monday 6:35 - 7:35 PM Intermediate Tap TUESDAY 5:00 - 6:00PM NEW Beginning Tap TUESDAY 6:00 - 8:00 PM To Start September 11th 2018 - $64
Private Classes by Appointment - please call 541-821-3642 For New Students - Please call to sign up before attending
Private Class 1/2 hour - $20 per class
Private Class 1 hour - $40 per class
Semi-Private 1 hour - 2 students each $20.00 per class Semi-Private 1 hour - 3 students each $14.00 per class
Adult Tap Cards - 8 Classes $64 ( Expires after 6 months )
rockettes.com 10 Reasons Tap Dance Rocks Aside from tappin’ away in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular(like in the number “12 Days of Christmas”), we love to dance on and off the stage. So why do we love this form of dance so much? Let us count the ways!
1. Anyone can tap dance. Tap dance can be adapted for any age or fitness level. There’s tap dance classes for everyone out there; young children, senior citizens and absolutely everyone in between.
2. Tap dancers are part of a long line. Not just the kind of lines you’ll see at a the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. Tap boasts a long line of legendary performers like Bill Robinson, who pass down their dance skills and stories to the next generation. Great respect for elder teachers and tap dance history has kept the tap legacy alive.
3. Tap dance is the music and the main attraction. When you learn tap dance you become both a musician and a dancer, tapping (ha!) into your inner rhythm and improving your sense for finding the beat and pattern in music.
4. Tap dance is community. Though it isn’t usually done with a partner, tap dance is very social. Friendly competition and conversation of sound are how tap dancers share and learn new skills. And it’s a conversation that’s happening in all corners of the world.
5. Tap dance is noisy. It doesn’t matter how old you are, making noise just feels good. Tapping is a release that is actually great for improving emotional health and self-confidence. Tap dance gives an outlet for expression to those, like seniors or children at risk, who may not typically have a voice.
6. Tap dance is fun fitness. Once you learn the basics, tap dance choreography is an aerobic activity. Practice three times a week and you’ll see the cardiovascular (heart-healthy) benefit of tap dance. Plus, it’s a super-fun way to tone your legs and bottom.
7. Tap dance makes you smarter. Tap steps are complex. Learning, practicing, and putting them together is great exercise for your brain, and we all know brain exercise could help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in the long-run.
8. Tap dance improves balance. Tap dancing requires a lot of weight shift. This improves your balance, coordination and core control, which means better posture, less back pain and less chance of injury from tripping or falling.
9. Tap dance goes anywhere and everywhere. We mentioned tap dance is a worldwide phenomenon. It’s also a dance form that can be performed pretty much anywhere: from the steps of a large cathedral to the smallest spaces imaginable.
10. Tap dance is entertaining. Tap dance makes people—performers and the audience—smile. It’s definitely one of our favorite forms of entertainment.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.
Cyl-ebrity Dance Center
109 E 8th St, Medford, OR 97501